1. Find an upcoming event; check the Chapter Event Calendar.
2. Join our email discussion group. The Western Maryland Group has an email discussion group/listserv for its members. MD-WMD-FORUM is a place for members to discuss conservation issues pertaining to Western Maryland. We will also announce Western Maryland Group meetings, outings, and other events. Please join! We promise not to fill up your inbox. To join, go to the MD-WMD-FORUM website and click the "Subscribe or Unsubscribe" link.
3. Find a specific volunteer activity that interests you. Contact the Group Chair (see our leadership contact info).
4. Take action on Marcellus Shale gas drilling. The Maryland Sierra Club has been working with other environmental groups to make sure Maryland passes regulations to ensure natural gas drilling in Maryland is done in an environmentally responsible manner -- or not at all. The Western Maryland Group has a campaign to highlight the concerns of Marcellus Shale Natural Gas Drilling. Allegany County residents are needed for 1 to 3 hours each month. See the Conservation Campaign "Beyond Natural Gas", to learn more. If you're interested in helping out on Marcellus Shale issues, contact our Group Chair Sam White at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 301-264-4162.
5. Contact our leadership. We are always open to talk. Our contact info is here.